In his three years in office, President Trump has launched multiple attacks on immigrants and communities of color; supported measures that deepen economic inequality; and has taken steps abroad—and at home—that will make America less safe.
On Tuesday, Feb. 4, President Trump will deliver his fourth State of the Union address. Follow AFSC on Twitter to join the conversation with AFSC Policy Advocacy Coordinator Tori Bateman, who will live-tweet the speech. And share our resources on social media to push back against his harmful rhetoric and policies—and call for the just future we want to see:
We deserve a fair, humane immigration system that respects the dignity of all people.
- Blog post: Trump’s attacks on the legal immigration system explained
- Blog post: How Trump is making it harder for asylum seekers
- Blog post: Organizing to save TPS and DACA
- Take action: Tell Congress to stop funding cruelty against immigrants
- Take action: Tell Congress to protect asylum seekers
We must work to change U.S. government policies that support inequality and the ongoing Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territory.
- Blog: Trump’s “deal of the century” with Israel sustains apartheid and injustice for Palestinians
- Take action: Tell Congress to oppose Trump’s plan supporting apartheid in Palestine and Israel!
- Blog: Trump’s dangerous executive order on anti-Semitism:
- Blog: 5 ways to engage Congress in supporting Palestinian children’s rights:
- Take action: Tell Congress to urge the Trump administration to alleviate the ongoing crisis in Gaza by restoring humanitarian aid and working to end the blockade!
We need just economic priorities and policies so all people have the resources they need to thrive.
- Blog post: What you need to know about the Trump administration’s latest attack on food security
- Blog post: Protecting our right to housing, health care, education and jobs
We need diplomacy, not war, with Iran-or any other country.
- Blog post: 5 things to know about Iran
- Blog post: Opposition to war
- Blog post: Our federal budget should human needs, not war and militarization
- Take Action: Tell Congress- No War with Iran
- Download posters for actions.
We must stand up to Islamophobia and all forms of racism and discrimination.
- Blog post: 4 things to know about the Muslim ban
- Blog post: How we can counteract Islamophobia in our schools- and our communities
- Blog post: Three ways we can support Muslim Students
We must strive to promote healing - instead of punishment - in the U.S. criminal justice system.
- Blog post: Mainstream reform efforts are simply evolving, not ending, mass incarceration
- Blog post: Standing against death by incarceration
- Blog post: The Trump administration is wrong to bring back federal executions
- Blog post: Restoring the right to vote for all
- Take Action: Contact your governor and urge them to restore voting rights