A just, peaceful, and sustainable world free of violence, inequality, and oppression.
Guided by the Quaker belief in the divine light of each person, AFSC works with communities and partners worldwide to challenge unjust systems and promote lasting peace.
- We respect the equality, worth, and dignity of all people and regard no one as our enemy.
- We seek right relationship with all life on a sustainable Earth.
- We accept that our understanding of truth is incomplete and seek ever deeper insights from lived experience.
- We trust the Spirit to guide discernment of our collective actions.
- We assert the transforming power of love and active nonviolence as a force for justice and reconciliation.
Approved by the Board on June 20, 2020