A five-session monthly interactive e-course for groups to explore, reflect, and act for social change.
"Without community, there is no liberation." Audre Lorde
Do you want to join a community of people of faith and conscience committed to taking action as well as practicing reflection? Are you seeking ways to offer grounded solidarity that don't reproduce oppressive practices? Have you ever gone to an immigration (ICE) check-in or court to support a person at risk of deportation? Is your congregation part of the New Sanctuary Movement, or talking about joining?
Join a five-session monthly online course that explores:
- Anti-racist practice in caucus groups, PoC and white, to reflect on how to show up consciously alongside those most impacted by injustice.
- The U.S. immigration system's history of racial exclusion and how it plays out today.
- Criminalization, immigration, and the prison industrial complex.
- Anti-Blackness and working for immigrant justice.
- The theology and practice of accompaniment.
- Real-life examples through case studies.
- Practical skills to accompany immigrants in ICE check-ins, detention visitation, and other contexts.