Join AFSC in memorializing those killed in Gaza during the ongoing attacks by Israel while also demanding change.
We are asking individuals and groups to create displays of pinwheels to memorialize those killed during the attack. Displays can be put up in front of homes, on college campuses, near places of worship, or in other public spaces.
Use the display to call attention to Israel’s attack on Gaza and the Gaza siege, to demand accountability for rights violations that occurred in Gaza, to call for an arms embargo on Israel, and to open conversations about boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) campaigns.
Together we can bring change.
How to participate:
1. Purchase pinwheels. (Pinwheels can be ordered online.)
2. Prepare signs and handouts. Create signs to accompany the display and materials to hand out if you are planning a public action. (See our handout)
4. Set up your display. You can use string and tape measures to set up grid lines so that there will be room for people to walk between the lines of pinwheels. A hammer can be used to drive a thin stake or screwdriver into the ground to make holes for the pinwheels.
5. Take pictures! Use #FreeGaza to share your photos - and the story of your action - on social media.
More way to get involved:
1. The U.S. government provides Israel with more than $3.8 billion in military funding annually. Call on Congress and the President to cut military aid and hold Israel accountable to international and U.S. law concerning human rights abuses.
Corporations such as Elbit Systems, Northup Grumman, Caterpillar, and Boeing provide Israel with weapons and other products.
- Learn more about our boycott and divestment campaigns.
- See what companies are complicit in the ongoing attacks on Gaza.
- Research companies complicit in Israel's occupation.
2. Take action - contact your representative and tell them to immediately oppose Israel's attacks on Gaza.
3. Read and share AFSC resources on what is happening in Gaza and all of Palestine.
- Challenging narratives about Gaza and violence
- What you need to know about the bombings in Gaza
- Recommended readings and media on Gaza
- Gaza under attack handout
- Gaza Unlocked
AFSC has been working in Gaza since 1949. Join our mailing list to receive updates from the region, resources, and calls to action.