Be part of our Giving Tuesday campaign!
This Giving Tuesday, we hope to see people around the world sharing a little bit of their experiences and love for AFSC. Think of it as a thunderous chorus of authentic voices reaching far beyond our own following!
For extra incentive, an anonymous board member will match a $100 for every Facebook post that tags @AmericanFriendsServiceCommittee and all online donations up to $30,000.
To participate, follow these simple steps:
- On Tuesday, December 3, share on your Facebook page how AFSC has inspired you and why others should donate, using the hashtags #myAFSCstory and #GivingTuesday.
- Encourage others to donate. Copy and paste this link to the top of your post: afsc.org/give2afsc. Each donation will be matched up to $30,000. Here is an example: "This #GivingTuesday I am encouraging friends and family to support courageous peacebuilders across the world by donating to AFSC: afsc.org/give2afsc. Here is #myAFSCstory..."
- Tag AFSC so we see your post! (Remember that for every post that is tagged, AFSC will receive $100!) To tag AFSC, use our full name, type the @ symbol and then start typing (in your post) American Friends Service Committee, our name should come up and you can select it.
- Imagine you are writing this to a friend or family member who is unfamiliar with AFSC. What do they need to know?
- Tell them about something we do that you're proud of, how AFSC connects with your values, or why you are grateful to be part of this organization.
- Include a photo if you have one. (People are more likely to engage when you post with a photo.)
Questions? You can email Irit Reinheimer, AFSC's Social Media Specialist at email@example.com
We are looking forward to reading your story this Giving Tuesday! Thanks for supporting our work.