Status: Part-Time, 6-12 month Specific Term
Application Deadline: Rolling Deadline until position is filled
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing samples and references to email@example.com
___ ___ ___
Help us expose the corporate interests behind the mass incarceration, immigrant detention, border militarization, military occupations, and other forms of state violence.
This internship is with the American Friends Service Committee, for a minimum of six months up to a year, starting in September 2019. It is part time, 20 hours a week, with flexible hours but at least three days a week at the AFSC office in downtown Oakland. The salary is $18 an hour.
SUMMARY OF PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Helping maintain the Investigate website investigate.afsc.org, updating information about companies and campaigns, and managing a database of relevant sources.
- Conducting corporate research about the companies involved in our issues of concern (prisons, borders, occupations) and writing summaries about companies and industries.
- Creating resources for activists and/or investors to support campaigns and initiatives targeting these corporations.
___ ___ ___
To apply, please send application to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A cover letter explaining how you are qualified for this position
- A short (2 pages max) writing sample
- Contact information for two references who can attest to your qualifications and skills
- Excellent writing skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Some research experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a team but also to take on a project and run with it independently.
- Some knowledge of or interest in corporate power as it relates to our issues of concern.