AFSC Iowa Peacebuilding Associate
AFSC Iowa is looking for an energized, creative, team player to expand AFSC’s peace building work to college campuses and the broader central Iowa community. The peace building associate working with AFSC staff will focus on US policies regarding drones warfare and the Israel-Palestine conflict.
This is a temporary part time position for 15 hours per week from March through August 2014
Who Should Apply?
College students and persons passionate about social justice, nonviolence, and the rights and dignity of all people.
- · Solid communications skills
- Strong research skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strength in time management and organization skills
AFSC works with allies throughout Iowa to build awareness and opposition to US drone warfare.
AFSC facilitates the Middle East Peace Education Project providing information forums and building support for a just foreign policy toward Israel-Palestine.
- Submit your resume.
- Submit a 500-word essay telling us why you would like to have this position and what experience you bring to this work that would contribute to your success.
Please send this material to Kathleen McQuillen at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, contact Kathleen at the above email address or call 515-274-4851, ext: 22.
Applications must be received by 5:00 pm on Friday, February 21, 2014.
AFSC is a non-profit, non-partisan organization, rooted in Quaker values and made up of people of various faiths who are committed to social justice, peace, and humanitarian service. More at www.afsc.org.
AFSC - Iowa Program Coordinator
515-274-4851, ext: 22