Acting in Faith with AFSC!
Join AFSC staff and friends for a week of virtual workshops and afternoon events to explore the spiritual grounding for action, the nuts and bolts of organizing, and tangible ways you can work for social change in your community. Get engaged to work for peace with justice on inter-related issues.
Workshops led by AFSC Staff
AFSC staff are co-leading two virtual workshops at the Gathering, both week-long workshops:
- Decolonizing our Future: A look into colonialism and the road to liberation - 5 days/1 90 minute webinar per day (Nia Eubanks-Dixon and Sophia Burns)
- Quakers, Blacks, and Abolition: Reflecting and Visioning - 5 days/1 90 minute webinar per day (Lewis Webb and Lucy Duncan)
A Series of Afternoon Events
Afternoon events to be offered on the afternoons of June 29th - July 1st.
- Monday: Accompaniment as anti-racist practice: Living by the plantinum rule
- Tuesday: Quakers uprooting racism: Accelerating the call to end white supremacy in our Religious Society of Friends
- Wednesday: Community safety beyond policing
- Thursday: A conversation about A Quaker call to abolition and creation
For more information and to register, go to www.fgcquaker.org/gathering