Acting in Faith with AFSC!
Join AFSC staff and friends for a week of workshops and afternoon events to explore the spiritual grounding for action, the nuts and bolts of organizing, and tangible ways you can work for social change in your community. Get engaged to work for peace with justice on inter-related issues.
Workshops led by AFSC Staff
Week-long morning workshops at the Gathering include two led by AFSC staff:
- Decolonizing our Future: Our Road to Liberation (Nia Eubanks-Dixon and Sophia Burns)
- Defunding Hate, Investing in Love and Community (Peniel Ibe, Gabriela Flora, and Chia-Chia Wang
A Series of Afternoon Events
Afternoon events will include:
- Quaker social change ministry: Embrace Spirit-led activism while accompanying those impacted by injustice
- Bystander Intervention training: Interrupt instances of harassment and violence wherever you are
- No way to treat a child: Support the movement to end the abuse of Palestinian children
For more information, go to www.fgcquaker.org/gathering