Acting in Faith with AFSC!
Join AFSC staff and friends for a week of workshops and afternoon events to explore the spiritual grounding for action, the nuts and bolts of organizing, and tangible ways you can work for social change in your community. Get engaged on speaking truth to power and work for peace with justice on inter-related issues.
Workshops led by AFSC Staff
Week-long morning workshops at the Gathering include three led by AFSC staff and partners:
- Interrupting racism through movement and story (Lucy Duncan and Noah White)
- Healing Justice: Restorative justice both personal & systemic (Laura Magnani & Khan)
- Sanctuary Everywhere (Lori )
A Series of Afternoon Events
Afternoon events will include:
- Interrupting white fragility for racial justice
- Quaker social change ministry: Embrace Spirit-led activism while accompanying those impacted by injustice
- Bystander Intervention training: Interrupt instances of harassment and violence wherever you are
- No way to treat a child: Support the movement to end the abuse of Palestinian children
For more information, go to www.fgcquaker.org/gathering