Films and Documentaries
- Alareer, Refaat. Gaza Writes Back: Short Stories from Young Writers in Gaza, Palestine. Charlottesville: Just World Books, 2014.
- Corrie, Rachel. Let me Stand Alone: The Journals of Rachel Corrie, New York: Norton, 2008
- El-Haddad, Laila. Gaza Mom Abridged Edition. Charlottesville: Just World Books, 2013.
- El-Haddad, Laila and Maggie Schmitt. The Gaza Kitchen: A Palestinian Culinary Journey. Charlottesville: Just World Books, 2013.
- Filiu, Jean-Pierre. Gaza: A History. New York: Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Gelvin, James. The Modern Middle East (Third Edition). New York: Oxford University Press, 2011.
- Hass, Amira. Drinking the Sea at Gaza. New York: Holt, 1996.
- Hajjar, Lisa. Courting Conflict: The Israeli Military Court System in the West Bank and Gaza. Oakland: University of California Press, 2005.
- Khalidi, Rashid. The Iron Cage: The Story of the Palestinian Struggle for Statehood. Boston: Beacon Press, 2006.
- Matar, Dina, and Helga Tawil-Souri. Gaza as Metaphor. London: Hurst, 2016.
- Pappe, Ilan. The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine. Oxford: Oneworld Publications, 2006.
- Raz, Avi. The Bride and the Dowry: Israel, Jordan, and the Palestinians in the Aftermath of the June 1967 War. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2012.
- Roy, Sara. The Gaza Strip: The Political Economy of De-development. Washington: Institute for Palestine Studies USA, 2016. Print.
- Roy, Sara. Hamas and Civil Society in Gaza. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2013.
Chapter in Anthology
Abusalim, Jehad. “From Fence to Fence: Retelling Gaza’s Story.” In Gaza as Metaphor, edited by Dina Matar and Helga Tawil-Souri, 83-93. London: Hurst Publishers, 2016
Seikaly, Sherene. “Gaza as Archive.” In Gaza As Metaphor, edited by Dina Matar and Helga Tawil-Souri, 225-231. London: Hurst Publishers, 2016
Special Coverage and Websites
Gaza Unlocked - Facts, issues, and stories on Gaza
Gaza news. Electronic Intifada - Independent online publication on Palestine.
Visualizing Palestine - Statistics on each issue from crime of apartheid to systematic oppression
Gisha - An Israeli not-for-profit organization, founded in 2005, whose goal is to protect the freedom of movement of Palestinians, especially Gaza residents.
Essays and Articles
Abu Artemah, Ahmed. “This Time is Different.” May 14, 2021
Elgindy, Khaled. “Washington has enabled Extremism.” May 6, 2021.
More background articles on Gaza
Abu Artemah, Ahmed. "With the Great Return March, Palestinians Are Demanding a Life of Dignity." The Nation, 18 April 2018.
Life in the southern city of Gaza. Palestine’s displacement/ oppression goes back many years, this forces them to be incapable of living in such conditions
Abusalim, Jehad. "Letter from Gaza: 'Alive Due to Lack of Death'." Al Jazeera, 02 Sept. 2017.
The blockade of Gaza has brought suffering. There is limited mobility and insufficient resources. The Great Return March focuses on taking back the homeland
Palestine attacked during peaceful protests
Filiu, Jean-Pierre. “The Twelve Wars on Gaza.” Journal of Palestine Studies 44, no. 1 (2014): 52–60. doi:10.1525/jps.2014.44.1.52.