Need tips to push back against the harmful rhetoric we heard last night? Here are some great resources.
In his first year in office, President Trump launched multiple attacks on immigrants and communities of color; supported measures that deepen economic equality; and taken steps abroad—and at home—that will make America less safe. His State of the Union address demonstrates that we can expect more of the same in the year ahead, and reminds us why we must work harder than ever to push back against his harmful rhetoric and policies.
Here are some tools to help you work for the just future we want to see:
We deserve a fair, humane immigration system that respects the dignity of all people.
- Blog post: 3 things you should know about Trump's immigration proposal
- Blog post : Do you care about DACA? Here's why you should also care about TPS.
- Take action: Speak out against the deadly militarization or our borders
- Take action: Tell Congress to protect hundreds of thousands of TPS holders from deportation
We must stand up to Islamophobia and all forms of racism and discrimination.
- Blog post: How to counter Islamophobia with social media
- Blog post: One year after the Muslim ban
- Report: Mixed Messages: How the media covers "violent extremism"
We need diplomacy, not war, with North Korea.
- Blog post: 3 questions you should ask when you hear about North Korea
- Videos, reports, and other resources on engaging North Korea
- Take Action: Oppose military action with North Korea
We must work to change U.S. government policies that support inequality and the ongoing Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territory.
- Resources for working for a just and lasting peace between Palestinians and Israelis
- Statement: AFSC speaks out against moving the embassy to Jerusalem
- No Way to Treat a Child campaign to end the detention of Palestinian children
- Take Action: Call on Congress to oppose Jerusalem recognition and cuts to Palestinian aid
- Take Action: Hold Israel accountable for violating children's rights
We need a more ethical, effective, and less costly U.S. foreign policy to address today’s interdependent world.