We all deserve to live in communities with fully funded social services and just, sustainable economies. As a step toward this goal, President Biden has proposed investing over $4 trillion into infrastructure, child and elder care, housing, education, support for low-income households, and other vital programs as part of his “Build Back Better” agenda.
Now we must ensure that no one is left behind in this recovery—and that we demand an economy that truly works for everyone. That’s why we’re calling on Congress to make sure spending legislation:
- Extends the Child Tax Credit expansion to reduce the number of children living in poverty.
- Includes a roadmap to citizenship for all immigrants.
- Ensures that childcare workers, and all workers, are paid a living wage.
- Protects the right to organize for better compensation and conditions in the workplace through the PRO Act.
- Includes no extra money for the bloated Pentagon budget.
Tell Congress: Ensure the economy works for everyone!