The American Friends Service Committee is currently seeking nominations for its Board of Directors, Corporation, and all Board and Regional Executive Committees and Task Groups.
AFSC’s Standing Nominating Committee (SNC) is charged with recommending dozens of persons for service each year, drawing on the needs, recommendations, and names suggested by each of you in your Quaker, AFSC and peace and justice communities. Qualifications for service include, but are not limited to:
- Membership in the Religious Society of Friends or understanding and commitment to Friends values and testimonies.
- Ability to attend AFSC committee meetings regularly (AFSC will cover the costs up front or offer reimbursement.)
- Knowledge, understanding or experience with AFSC programs and philosophy.
- Understanding and commitment to a Spirit led method of conducting business.
- Commitment to support and participate in AFSC fundraising.
In addition to the above listed qualities, the Standing Nominating Committee considers the AFSC’s commitment to Inclusion and Diversity goals when discerning nominations. Also considered is broad geographic and wide Yearly Meeting representation. Persons 35 years and younger, those who self-identify as persons of color or as differently-abled are especially encouraged to apply.
If you have ideas about who might meet these criteria or have a personal interest in serving AFSC (now or in the future), please visit the Governance Recruitment Room and submit your nomination. While the Standing Nominating Committee will continue to accept nominations year round, those to be considered for appointment beginning March 2015 should be submitted on or before August 1, 2014.
For more information including a description of AFSC’s governing bodies, or to submit a nomination, please visit the Governance Recruitment Page at: https://www.starcafe.org/GovRecruit.
We look forward to hearing from you, as we search for the most qualified candidates called to serve the AFSC.