A five-session monthly interactive e-course for groups to explore, reflect, and act for social change.
"Without community, there is no liberation." -Audre Lorde
Do you want to join a community of people of faith and conscience committed to taking action as well as practicing reflection?
Are you seeking ways to offer grounded solidarity that don't reproduce oppressive practices?
Have you ever gone to an immigration (ICE) check-in or court to support a person at risk of deportation?
Is your congregation part of the New Sanctuary Movement, or talking about joining?
Join a five-session monthly online course that explores:
- Anti-racist practice, to reflect on how to show up consciously to work alongside those most impacted by injustice, with caucus groups for people of color and white people.
- The U.S. immigration system's history of racial exclusion and how it plays out today.
- Criminalization, immigration, and the prison industrial complex.
- Anti-Blackness and working for immigrant justice.
- The theology and practice of accompaniment.
- Real life examples through case-studies.
- Practical skills to apply to accompanying immigrants in ICE check-ins, detention visitation, and other contexts.
We encourage participants to join our interactive program as small groups working together locally. There will be homework in between sessions, and attendees are expected to participate in the full course. If you don't have a team we can help match you up, along with connecting you with partner groups seeking volunteers where possible.
By registering you agree that you and your group will do your best to attend online sessions on the following dates and times:
- Jan. 28: Intro session on anti-racist praxis in caucuses: Join the caucus you identify with, white or people of color (links for both will be shared) (8 to 9:30 p.m. ET)
- Feb. 25: Criminalization and immigration detention's place in the prison industrial complex (8 to 9:30 p.m. ET)
- March 24: Anti-Blackness and immigrant justice (8 to 9:30 p.m. ET)
- April 28: Accompaniment as anti-racist practice with on-the-ground case studies (8 to 9:30 p.m. ET)
- May 26: On-the-ground case study coaching sessions based on participant needs (times TBD)