Hey, Congress! 2014 New Year's resolutions for our federal policy makers
What would you tell Congress to prioritize in 2014 as their New Year's resolutions?
We asked AFSC supporters this question on our Facebook page. Based on your responses, we’ve selected five resolutions as our focus for AFSC’s Wage Peace campaign in 2014.
Will you help us get a strong start in 2014?
We're kicking off the year by focusing on this resolution: Repeal the Authorization for the Use of Military Force.
You can join us by contacting your representatives and asking your friends and family to do so as well. Let's end the drone war by encouraging our representatives to support Rep. Schiff’s bill, H.R. 2324, to repeal the AUMF by clicking here—all you need is your zip code to get started!
Resolutions for Congress
- Build upon the successful use of diplomacy in the recent decisions around Iran and Syria to work toward shared security for all.
- Cut wasteful Pentagon spending and redirect that money toward funding crucial human needs.
- Make policy decisions that are based upon the needs of the people—not the profits of corporations.
- Repeal the Authorization for the Use of Military Force.
- Reduce our reliance on militarization in both our foreign and domestic policy.