Since the passage of Arizona's, the anti-immigration law, AFSC has organized events across the country in response.
As the law went into effect last week, we organized 11 events in seven locations from Massachusetts to Oregon. We have over two dozen media hits, including NPR, Univision’s national coverage, local tv and cable news stations in San Diego, Boston and Providence and talk radio in Philadelphia and New York.
In a unique effort, our staff in New England supported public service announcements on Spanish radio stations urging Major League Baseball to move the 2011 All Star Game from Phoenix.
Related AFSC articles and media stories:
- NPR features AFSC work in Colorado
- Judge blocks key parts of Arizona’s immigration law
- San Diego AFSC staff Goes to AZ to Monitor New Law
- AFSC applauds injuntion against Arizona law
- AFSC protests AZ anti-immigration law
- Tulare County CA leaders, groups react to Arizona's immigration law
- Over 100 turn out in Oregon against Arizona law
- RI rally participants decry Arizona immigration law
- Dozens protest AZ immigration law in Boston
- CL blog: "Arizona Doesn't Speak for Me!" event in Charlotte NC
- North Carolina actions opposing Arizona law