AFSC's Peace & Economic Security Program (PES) works with a broad array of partners to address peace, justice, and security issues.
The PES program serves as the anchor for AFSC's nuclear disarmament education and organizing.
It focuses on the following areas:
- Abolishing nuclear weapons and dismantling nuclear stockpiles. Currently, a major priority is U.S. and international popular activities to impact the 2015 Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty Review Conference;
- Urging alternatives to the United States’ military “Pivot” to Asia and the Pacific;
- Preventing and ending U.S. wars and occupations;
- Reducing military spending to prevent war, to fund essential services, to invest in creating a green economy and to address climate change; and
- Retiring NATO instead of repurposing it for continued global military interventions
PES staff serve as coalition builders, and provide resources and speakers for local, national and international initiatives. Learn more about PES staff.