Our Tax$ for Human Need - Not Wars and Greed
Demonstration & Street Theater will call for a reduction in the excessive military budget and the reprioritizing of our tax dollars toward human needs and job creation.
Activities will include:
- 20’ to 30’ Banner of FY 2012 U.S. discretionary budget
Street Theater at Four Street Corners
- Billionaires for U.S. Bankruptcy
- Pres. Eisenhower–Farewell Address (Military-Industrial- Complex) & Iron Cross Speech (Every warship launched… a theft from those who hunger…)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. -Beyond Vietnam & Where Do We Go From Here speeches
- Statue of Liberty – speaks about economic justice, freedom, tax equity….
- Interactive poll where people get to express their federal budget priorities
Ira Harritt, American Friends Service Committee, 816 931-5256, email@example.com