OCCUPY THE DREAM:
Dr. King on Economic Justice and the Occupy Wall Street Movement Community Forum
will explore Martin Luther King, Jr.’s views on economic justice and building movements for social change and reflect on the Occupy Wall Street Movement.
Hear an inspiring panel of community leaders discussing:
- Dr. King’s stands on economic justice;
- How the Civil Rights movement achieved its successes;
- Prospects for social and economic justice from the growing Occupy Wall Street Movement
Panel Members include:
- Alvin Brooks, Pres. Ad Hoc Group Against Crime, former KCMO Mayor Pro Tem & civil rights activist.
- Gwen Grant, Urban League of GKC President & advocate for the poor.
- Daniel Tucker, KCMO School Teacher and Occupy KC organizer.
- Theresa Torres, UMKC Assistant Professor and multicultural activist.
And moderator: Roman Davis, an Occupy KC organizer & co-founder Lend a Hand Family
The Forum will preceding the MLK Holiday Mass Celebration.
The event is organized by: American Friends Service Committee, Black Health Care Coalition, Communities Creating Opportunity and Southern Christian Leadership Conference of GKC. For more information call (816) 931-5256.
This event is free and open to the public
American Friends Service Committee, Kansas City Program: 816 931-5256