"This Madness Must End"
Dr. Martin Luther King and the U.S. Budget Debate
Hear an inspiring panel of community leaders discussing:
- Dr. King’s stands on economic justice;
- How Dr. King would view the current debate on the federal budget;
- Actions we can take for a moral and healthy economy and budget;
- Learn about the Move the Money campaign, an exciting community initiative, including the opportunity to join a KC area federal budget priorities education and action network.
Panel Members include:
- Donna Birks, Financial Secretary, UAW Local 31
- Pearl Webb, Park U. Senior, Kauffman Scholar, American Friends Service Committee Peace Intern
- David Kingsley, KU Professor of Health Policy and Gray Panther Convener
Moderator: Deth Im, Dir. of Clergy & Congregational Organizing, Communities Creating Opportunity
“This is America’s opportunity to help bridge the gulf between the haves and the have-nots. The question is whether America will do it...
What is new is that we now have the techniques and the resources to get rid of poverty.”
~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
American Friends Service Committee, 816 931-5256