An Exploration of Nonviolent Peacemaking
JustMatters: Engaging Our Conflicts--An Exploration of Nonviolent Peacemaking
From JustFaith Ministries and developed by Pace e Bene Nonviolence Service, the international leader in this work, this module explores the power and potential of nonviolent peacemaking in our lives and in the world. Participants will learn about nonviolence and how to apply it to real-life issues. Engaging Our Conflicts sessions will provide participants a strong understanding of and commitment to the practice of nonviolent peacemaking. Cultivate a deep communal practice in this group, with support for taking peacemaking activity into your world.
SESSIONS WILL COVER:
- Introduction and overview of violence and nonviolence
- The Dynamics of Nonviolent Peacemaking
- Interpersonal Nonviolence: Tools for Transforming Conflicts
- Nurturing Nonviolent Church Communities: Journeying Together
- Grappling with Structural/Institutional/Cultural Violence
- Creating a Group Nonviolent Activity/Action
Dates: Eight Wednesdays: Feb 9, 16, 23; Mar 2, 16, 30; Apr 6, 13
Time: Prayer-5:00 p.m., Eucharist Service-5:30 p.m.,Potluck-6:30 p.m., Peace Series-6:30-8:30 p.m. Participants may arrive at any time.
Cost: $36, if there are 10 participants. Scholarships available
Registration: Send name, email, phone to email@example.com or to Center for Social Ministry, c/o Dixie Webb, 1602 NW Cedarwood Drive, Ankeny, IA 50023, 515-963-9560. Registrations requested by Mon, Jan 24, 2011.