Be humble, be faithful, be BOLD through Spirit-led action!
Join AFSC from July 3rd through July 9th, 2016 at the Friends General Conference Gathering, a yearly gathering of unprogrammed Friends, at the College of St. Benedict, St. Joseph, Minnesota, for a week of workshops, afternoon events, interest groups and evening presentations to explore the spiritual grounding for action, the nuts and bolts of organizing, and information about issues.
Workshops led by AFSC Staff
Week-long morning workshops at the Gathering include four led by AFSC staff:
- Immigrant and Migrant Testimony & Action Tools (Chia-Chia Wang, Benjamín Prado, and Jenn Piper)
- Economic Activism for Peace & Justice (Jennifer Bing & Dalit Baum)
- Narrative Change, Social Transformation (Patricia DeBoer & Jeannette Raymond)
- Living into Racial Justice (Jerry Elster & Sharon Goens-Bradley)
- 200 Years of Quaker engagement in China (Daniel Jasper, Patrick Lozada, Elias Blood-Patterson)
- Healing Racism Hurts, Acting Boldly (Lucy Duncan and Victoria Greene)
A Series of Afternoon Events
Afternoon events will include:
- Living up to our Light: a panel presentation on dismantling racism among Friends
- Quaker social change ministry: embrace Spirit-led activism while accompanying those impacted by injustice
- Building the movement to end the New Jim Crow with the Quaker Network to end Mass Incarceration
- No Way to Treat a Child: Ending Israeli military detention
- Waging Peace, a book talk with David Hartsough
AFSC will offer at least one interest group on Tuesday evening TBD
Lucy Duncan or Greg Elliott.