Join THOUSANDS who will be Marching for Justice.
Forward Together Not One Step Back:
We must stand for Freedom and defend Democracy
We will not be deafeated or divided
We shall pursue Liberty and Justice for all
We the People shall not be moved
If you believe, you need to MARCH WITH US, STAND WITH US and ORGANIZE WITH US!
Begin Assembling at Shaw University at 9:30. March begins at 10:30.
HK on J's 14-Point Agenda:
1. All children need high quality, well funded, constitutional, diverse public schools.
2. Liveable wages for low income workers
3. Health care for all.
4. Redress ugly chapters in NC's racist history: The overthrow of 1898 Wilmington Government; the sterilization of poor, mainly black, women from 1947-1977; Greensboro Ku Klux Klan Massacre of 1979.
5. Same day voting and public financing of elections.
6. Lift every HBCU.
7. Document/Redress 200 years of State discrimination in hiring/contracting.
8. Provide affordable housing and stop consumer abuse.
9. Abolish racially biased death penalty/mandatory sentencing.
10. Promote environmental justice.
11. Collective bargaining for public employees.
12. Protect the rights of immigrants.
13. Organize, strengthen and provide funding for our civil rights enforcement agencies and strengthen our statutes now.
14. Bring our troops home from Iraq.
"The HKonJ People's Coalition is a movement, not a moment."