What’s Your Favorite Alternative to Ten Years of War?
- 4:00-4:30pm: Afghan War Report Card Delivery Help deliver a Report Card On The War In Afghanistan to Senator Roy Blunts office in downtown KCMO, 911 Main Street, Suite 2224 (We will meet outside the office building on Main Street. Please leave your self time for parking and arrive by 4pm – or contact us to car pool.)
- 5:00-7:00pm: Alternative to the Afghan War Street Theater & Leafleting at First Friday Art Walk -Meet at 19th and Baltimore. Bring a sign to wear around your neck describing your favorite alternative to 10 years of war or come dressed as a doctor or nurse, construction worker, educator or graduate in cap & gown Etc.… to represent healthcare, housing, education…or just come as you are. We will provide signs to for those who need one. Leaflet, hold signs and/or engage art walk people in expressing their favorite alternative on sandwich boards.
Ten years of war in Afghanistan have been a tragic failure. Continuing the war is futile and only wastes U.S. and Afghan lives, digs us deeper and deeper into debt and does more damage to our economy,
Ten Year of War on Terror =
- 1,791 U.S. troop deaths
- 17,611 to 37,208 documented direct & indirect Afghan civilian deaths
- over $459 billion U.S. tax dollars
- Increased anger at U.S. in Afghanistan and in the Muslim world
- Our support of a corrupt and unwanted Afghan government
- U.S.’s increased use of target assassination, drone attacks and greater and greater collateral damage”